Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16 - A very special day

Taking a train in Holland

Crossing the longest dike in North Holland

On to the next town!

Trails & Windmills!

Kipsalade (Chicken Salad) for lunch!

Spring is finally arriving.

Western Dune Trails

Canals in Delft

Greetings from Bosschenhoofd, Netherlands:

Today is a very special day for me, its my daughter Taraneh's birthday and I wish her a great day, and a fantastic year coming up.

I have finally arrived at my cousin's in Bosschenhoofd and after several days of riding in the rain its great to wash clothes, get dry, get cleaned up, and visit with family.

I have now started the journey south by taking the train to the top of Netherlands and then starting the southward trip on a very windy and rainy day by riding across the longest Dike in Holland - 30 Km long with the North Sea on the north side and another on the south, with a heavy wind and rain at the same time.

Holland is by far the best place for a bicyclist.  Its the one country where they have elevated bicycling to the top of transportation priority.  The trails are everywhere, they are well signed, everyone bicycles, and the country is basically flat as a pancake, and of course it rains every day!

In a few days I start heading south again with my eye on Paris.

Miss you all, Behrooz

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dad!
    I had a great birthday and I'm glad you enjoyed it on my behalf too :)
    I am enjoying your blog posts a lot and wishing I was traveling too! I loved the Netherlands and Belgium... Keep up the awesome adventures! Happy Father's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete